How do I add to my TBR? (Part of Week 3 Prompt)

For the past couple of years, I’ve enjoyed using Goodreads and Bookstagram to find new books to read. I really like Goodread’s anticipated lists for different genres. I can easily go to the genre I want (mainly romance) and see what books others are excited about. I don’t tend to focus on star ratings or people’s reviews on Goodreads. I like using it as a way to see what the book is about and if I’d be interested. 


I also like Goodreads to see what my friends are reading. I’ve used Goodreads in the past to aid my Reader’s Advisory services, especially if someone I’m friends with has similar tastes to the patron I’m helping. Personally, I love sharing what I’m reading and what books I’ve loved, and I always enjoy discussing books with friends, so seeing what people are reading and having the ability to connect with them that way is great for me.


Bookstagram/Booktok can be controversial, but I like how reels can make a story seem entertaining. I’ve found a couple top reads recently from the edits people make from one quote in the story. Oftentimes, I’ll combine that with looking at the summary for the book on Goodreads to see if I’d be interested. I also enjoy this because I can send these posts, reels, and videos to my friends who have similar reading tastes. For example, I have a group called the Romance Girlies where we send each other posts we find about romance reads.


Comments